Moreton Island is a unique paradise of golden beaches, rolling surf and beautiful fresh water lakes. Join Sunset Safaris on our 2-Day Get Wrecked Explorer Tour, as we explore and snorkel the stunning Tangalooma Shipwrecks, and see the shipwrecks in our very unique “Transparent Kayaks.”
Experience the exhilaration of sliding down the giant sand dunes of “The Desert” up to 70Km/h, and enjoy the incredible scenic beauty of Cape Moreton, Blue Lagoon and the Eastern Surf Beaches. Moreton Island is one of the great Adventure Destinations in Australia, and with Sunset Safaris you will experience the very best natural attractions this world-famous Island has to offer.
Our award nominated Tour Guides are tour professionals, with an intimate knowledge of Moreton Island’s unique attractions. We have become famous in Queensland for our love for fun, and that’s why Sunset Safaris is the “People’s Choice” tour company. Our mission is to make your visit to Moreton Island more than just a beautiful place to go, but an “Experience to Remember.”
Australian Sunset Safaris are the First to pioneer “Transparent Kayaks” in Queensland and around the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. See fish and coral like never before without having to go under the water. Our “Night Time Transparent Kayaking” on our 2-Day Tour is SIMPLY Stunning. See the underwater world like never before as we navigate the eerie sunken shipwrecks at night with brilliant underwater lights (Only Available on the 2-Day Tour).
Experience our optional Eco-Glamping Tents as you enjoy all the comforts of home while camping in the great outdoors. Our budget backpacker accommodation is available for those on a budget, while our glowing camp fire is available for all to enjoy and roast a marshmallow at night.
NUMBER 1 FOR VALUE!
Sunset Safaris offers 1 & 2-Day tours to Moreton Island. Our 2-Day tours offer a range of accommodation options to suit your budget and lifestyle, Including Budget Backpackers, comfortable Twin Share Beach House Units, or Luxury Glamping. We are proud to offer the Best Value Moreton Island tours available, as we travel the island in comfort with our unique 4WD air-conditioned buses. We offer all the luxuries normally associated with more expensive ECO Tours, but at a price as competitive as the cheapest in the market.
Night Time Activities: (all night activities are weather, wind and tide dependent)
– Night Time Transparent Kayaking on the Tangalooma Wrecks(optional). Described as the World’s Best Kayaking experience. See colourful fish and coral as our kayaks light up at night with brilliant underwater lights. For many, this is a life changing experience and is guaranteed to please. – Normally $89 – Sunset Safaris Guests ONLY $45 (cash only).
– Camp Fire. Sit around a warm campfire roasting marshmallows and enjoy a few drinks with new friends and Mother Nature (conditions apply).
Conditions of Bookings Sunset Safaris makes every effort to include ALL activities and destinations listed. However due to the extreme nature of Moreton Island and weather unpredictability in general, some activities are subject to Tide, Time, off-road conditions and Weather factors, and Sunset Safaris cannot be held liable due to these factors. Due to the extreme Off Road conditions on Moreton Island, it should be noted that activities can occasionally be affected due to cases of tidal issues, mechanical issues and another operational issue unique to Moreton Island, and while every effort and care is taken, Sunset Safaris takes no responsibility for such factors affecting tour activities.
We do not encourage customers to rely heavily on return times due to occasional ferry time adjustments, and Sunset Safaris takes no responsibility for the missing of flights and bus connections if customers choose to book connections and flights close to the normal return times.
By continuing to proceed with making a booking on this website, you indicate that you agree to not hold Sunset Safaris responsible due to the above conditions should they occur, and that you accept the inherent risk of these operational anomalies as outlined above.
Payment Your Tour payment is broken up into 2 components, your Sunset Safaris ticket price component, and your Moreton Island - Local Fees component ($70). The Moreton Island - Local Fees component of $70 must be paid in Cash to the driver upon departure, while the boarding pass can be purchased here.
- Pick-up and return service for Brisbane: 7:15 am Departure “Hotel Jen” 159 Roma St Brisbane.
- Enjoy a beautiful cruise across the magnificent Moreton Bay on the MiCat Ferry. Enjoy air-conditioned comfort with cafe and bar facilities
- Relax on the beach at the Tangalooma Wrecks and have fun in the sun
- Enjoy a fully guided snorkelling tour of the Tangalooma Ship Wrecks -all snorkelling gear supplied by Sunset Safaris (wind, weather & tidal conditions apply).
- Wet-Suit hire available all year round - perfect for colder months
- Our special “See Thru” body boards are available to all snorkelers - perfect for beginners and not so strong swimmers
- Safety vests available for non-swimmers to guarantee safety.
- See turtles, dolphins, coral and thousands of beautiful reef fish
- Discover the hidden underwater wonders of the Tangalooma Wrecks with our fully guided Transparent Kayaks (weather & wind conditions apply).
- Experience the awesome fish feeding FRENZY in the Transparent Kayaks.
- Feel the exhilaration of sand tobogganing at speeds of up to 70km/h.
- Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicles - go in style.
- Swim the crystal clear beaches of Tangalooma Beach.
- Great fun-loving tour guides.
- Suitable for people of all fitness levels.
- In cases of dangerous or poor weather conditions and rain, a scenic tour of the island may be conducted in place of affected activities.
- 4WD along the magnificent Eastern Surf Beach.
- Swim in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools (conditions permitting).
- Stop and visit the beautifully romantic “Honeymoon Bay” and “North Point”.
- 4WD in our awesome 4WD buses to the stunning “Cape Moreton” .
- Cape Moreton Lighthouse and Museum.
- Turtles, Dolphins, Sharks, Manta Rays and Whales during Whale Season.
- Spectacular views of Moreton Island and the Eastern Beach.
- Swim in the breathtakingly beautiful “Blue Lagoon” freshwater lake.
- Experience the 4WD adventure as we explore bushland and beaches in our comfortable air-conditioned 4WD buses
- Enjoy one of the worlds most beautiful beach sunsets over Moreton Bay
- Stay overnight in the rustic “Castaways Beach Resort,” with optional accommodation choices including ECO GLAMPING (See accommodation Tab for Glamping details
Australian Sunset Safarisunset Safaris is a tour company operating out of the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. We offer Eco Adventure tours to some of the most prestigious natural attractions in Queensland, ranging from 1-day charter tours to 5 & 6-day safaris.
Sunset Safaris has been in operation since 2001. The business has been created by three brothers, with over 30 years of combined experience in tour guiding on Fraser Island, Great Barrier Reef, Moreton Island and The Outback.
Our motto is that “We don’t just take you to places; we create memories and ultimate experiences for you!”
Sunset Safaris offers South East Queensland's most extensive range of Eco Adventure 2WD & 4WD safari tours. Catering for ‘The Adventure Travel Market’, Sunset Safaris is sure to have your idea of the ultimate Eco Adventure tourcovered.
See More, Do More, Enjoy More! For 3 years consecutively since 2013, Sunset Safaris was voted the Winner of Certificate of Excellence on Tripadvisor. The difference we offer to our customers is quality. Our specially designed vehicles offer the perfect balance between big bus comfort and small 4WD personalisation.
We are the ONLY tour company from the Gold Coast and Brisbane to GUARANTEE forward facing vehicles.
We offer a range of accommodation to suit your budget, and we are proud to offer prices that are as competitive as the cheapest in the market, without sacrificing quality and comfort.
Our tours and destinations are carefully crafted into “The Best of the Best” giving YOU maximum enjoyment, and best value for money. See why Sunset Safaris is the Peoples Choice Adventure Company.