Sunset Safaris takes you on the most amazing Great Barrier Reef Tour ever created.
Enjoy the world’s most exotic wildlife experience as we take you to the world’s Largest Reef, to see the world’s Largest Turtle Research Centre, and to swim with one of the world’s Largest Animals – the mighty Humpback Whale!
Join us on the Great Barrier Reef where we will see migrating birds, turtles and coral, in a place that many would call “Nirvana.” Snorkelling, diving and deep-sea fishing is what this place is famous for, as we encounter colours and beauty unsurpassed anywhere in the world. You can even go for a swim with the turtles as they wait patiently at a cleaning station for the little fish to clean their bodies. The Southern Great Barrier Reef is known for its Stinger Free environment – allowing us to swim without worry all year.
Value for Money
Departing from Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast, Sunset Safaris offers the best value & most comprehensive Great Barrier Reef experience ever made. Enjoy a FULLY GUIDED tour, and take all the worries out of your Great Barrier Reef experience with our carefully planned itinerary & Tour Guides. Our package includes all accommodation, food and the Great Barrier Reefs most exciting itinerary, making this tour #1 for VALUE and FUN.
Included in this package is:
Live Turtle Encounter – November to March
Only Sunset Safaris offers the MON REPOS Live Turtle Encounter on the Great Barrier Reef. See nature at its wildest as migrating turtles crawl up the beach and lay eggs in the sand. From February, you will also see the baby hatchling turtles crawl out of the sand and make their way down to the beach. For many, this experience is one of the highlights in Australia and is guaranteed to leave lasting memories.
Off Season Turtle Centre – April to October
In the offseason, Sunset Safaris offers an informative turtle experience at the Mon Repos Turtle Conservation Centre. Learn all about the life cycle of these magnificent creatures, and the conservation efforts that are being made for the protection of the endangered Loggerhead Turtle. This is an interactive display that is both educational and impressive.
Whale watching experience – June to November
Encounter the majestic grace of the singing Humpback and Minke Whales as they curiously investigate your luxurious vessel. Spot, stop and shadow the largest mammals in the world. Experience intimate to lengthy encounters with these friendly and inquisitive giants of the deep during their annual migration period. (*during whale season only and in accordance with regulated safe distances)
Accommodation – Kelly’s Beach Resort
Our resort accommodation is right beside Kelly’s Beach with swimming pools, restaurant, bar, & easy beach access for that moonlit walk. We offer comfortable accommodation to suit your budget & lifestyle with 4 – 6-bed Multi-share ECO Villa accommodation, including single beds in the loft, or Queen & single beds on the ground floor. Choose a Villa for yourself, or save money & share with others from the tour. All ECO Villas have a lounge room, bathroom, toilet, air-conditioning & balcony with outdoor setting. Enjoy the spacious gardens, lakes & entertainment areas in this beautiful ECO resort. Tennis, pool table, air-hockey & other games also available.
FREE Animal Zoo entry to hand feed Kangaroos, cuddle a Koala, hold a Crocodile, watch Croc Feeding, hand feed Kangaroos, & see the world’s most venomous snake show.
FREE Access to Mon Repos - see turtles laying eggs at night on the beach, & baby turtles hatching (in season only). See Mon Repos Turtle Conservation Centre all year round.
- 5.45am Mantra On View Hotel, 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise
- 7.15am Level 3, Bus Bay 26-30, Brisbane Transit Centre (also known as Roma Street Transit Centre), 151 Roma Street, Queensland 4000
- 8.30am Big Pineapple Nambour
- 9.10am Cooroy Train Station
- See the beautiful Queensland scenery in our comfortable coaches equipped with great entertainment systems.
- Visit a Local Zoo & Croc feeding show, cuddle a Koala & much more
- Check into Kelly’s Beach Resort & enjoy beautiful resort facilities with comfortable ECO Villas
- Swim on spectacular beaches in the land of the turtles (swim between the flags)
- Enjoy our FREE Guided Snorkel School and Fish Feeding Tour on Day-1
- Visit MON REPOS to experience the amazing Turtle Conservation Centre
- Depart and enjoy the biggest and most luxurious boat, Lady Musgrave Experience in the region for a full day on the Reef
- FREE Whale Watching see the mighty Humpback Whale (whale season only)
- See Dolphins surfing on the bow of the boat
- Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef (all quality equipment provided)
- Glass bottom boat viewing of the reef, fish, coral & turtles, great for non-swimmers
- Guided walk on Lady Musgrave Island and see birdlife in the forest of Pisonia trees and turtles during nesting seasons (November to February) - a true coral cay
- Feed reef fish by the Thousands in crystal clear waters
- Spectacular scenery of Lady Musgrave Island and Lagoon
- Try Optional activity such as
- Optional Scuba diving - best value on the reef (extra cost)
- FREE TIME on day-3 to relax around the resort, or enjoy a host of optional activities, including:
- optional Surfing Lessons
- optional Bundaberg Rum Factory Tour
- optional tennis (at the resort - very cheap rates)
- or FREE swim at the beach or pool, beach walks, or sleep in...
- Stop at Mamminos to taste Home Made Ice-cream & Farm Fresh Sugar Cane (in season)
- 4 pm Cooroy Train Station
- 4.40pm Big pineapple
- 6.30pm Brisbane
- 7.30pm Gold Coast
Included on Day 3
- Fully guided tour
- Standard Multi-share ECO Villa Accommodation (4 – 6 Share)
- Return Bus Transfers
- FREE Guided Snorkel School and Fish Feeding
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Guided walk on Lady Musgrave Island
- Mon Repo Turtle Conservation Entry
- Whale Watching (During Season)
- Zoo entry
- Most meals provided while on tour, including a traditional Aussie BBQ
Australian Sunset Safarisunset Safaris is a tour company operating out of the Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. We offer Eco Adventure tours to some of the most prestigious natural attractions in Queensland, ranging from 1-day charter tours to 5 & 6-day safaris.
Sunset Safaris has been in operation since 2001. The business has been created by three brothers, with over 30 years of combined experience in tour guiding on Fraser Island, Great Barrier Reef, Moreton Island and The Outback.
Our motto is that “We don’t just take you to places; we create memories and ultimate experiences for you!”
Sunset Safaris offers South East Queensland's most extensive range of Eco Adventure 2WD & 4WD safari tours. Catering for ‘The Adventure Travel Market’, Sunset Safaris is sure to have your idea of the ultimate Eco Adventure tourcovered.
See More, Do More, Enjoy More! For 3 years consecutively since 2013, Sunset Safaris was voted the Winner of Certificate of Excellence on Tripadvisor. The difference we offer to our customers is quality. Our specially designed vehicles offer the perfect balance between big bus comfort and small 4WD personalisation.
We are the ONLY tour company from the Gold Coast and Brisbane to GUARANTEE forward facing vehicles.
We offer a range of accommodation to suit your budget, and we are proud to offer prices that are as competitive as the cheapest in the market, without sacrificing quality and comfort.
Our tours and destinations are carefully crafted into “The Best of the Best” giving YOU maximum enjoyment, and best value for money. See why Sunset Safaris is the Peoples Choice Adventure Company.