Uganda is the ‘Pearl of Africa’ where you can watch Hippos cool off by taking a dip in the mud, you can explore the little-seen terrain, stroll through a tropical rainforest and observe Chimpanzees or Gorillas in their natural habitat.
Uganda is also home to rare golden monkeys and you can journey up the Nile, explore caves and spot up to half of all of the total bird species that are found on the Africa continent.
In Uganda, you can listen to Elephants break branches from the trees outside your door as you fall asleep, or write in the journal as you watch hippos playing in the river below.
This tour takes in the best that Uganda has to offer with a diverse itinerary that’s packed full of exotic sights and activities.
This journey to the heart of Africa exposes you to the wildlife, birds, flora and fauna, trails, and infrastructure in Uganda’s best National Parks,
Whether you are visiting Uganda on vacation or you are already here working Cheetah Safaris can create an amazing trip for you!
*denotes the price person indicated separately in the table: US$600 is the cost of a gorilla permit in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and US$150 is the cost of a chimpanzee permit in Kibale Forest National Park.
- Park entrance fee as indicated in the itinerary.
- Exclusive use of a Toyota Land Cruiser driven by an English speaking driver/guide.
- Mineral water on the route except during meals.
- Pick up and drop off at the airport.
- All transfers as per the itinerary.
- All the accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary.
Services not included:
- International flights in and out of the country.
- All services not indicated in the itinerary (any of the optional activities).
- Soft and hard drinks: sodas, wines, whiskies, brandies, beers, etc.
- Ugandan visas: single entry visa costs US$50 for applicable countries. Under the new application process, all visas must be applied online at least two weeks before travel: https://visas.immigration.go.ug
- Tips, personal expenses, etc.
Terms and Conditions
- We strongly encourage you to obtain appropriate travel insurance ahead of your trip to Uganda.
- Please note that your booking is accepted with the understanding that you come on the holiday entirely on your own risk since there are certain inherent dangers involved with adventure travel. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any event over which we have no control.
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant services and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control.
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd cannot, therefore, be liable for any death, personal injury, personal illness, loss or damage to a person or property or other loss that may occur due to any act or omission of any such supplier, or by reason of any other event over which it has no control. Each of these companies are independent corporations with their own management and is not subject to the control of Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd.
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd is not responsible for acts of nature, fire, acts of governments or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers, incidents to sea, land and air travel, and other similar acts or incidents beyond its ability to control.
- CHEETAH SAFARIS UGANDA is the marketing name of CHEETAH WILDNESS SPECIALISTS LTD, an organization or/company or /firm registered in Uganda.
- The following terms: client, traveller, participant, visitor, member, travel volunteer and traveller all refer to you, as the guest.
- Medical Information and Insurance
- Participation on a safari or tour to Africa requires that you be in generally good health. All guests must understand that while a high level of fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in all African safaris and tours.
- It is a requirement when booking your holiday with Cheetah Wildness Specialists that you arrange personal travel insurance, which is valid and effective. Persons not fit for long trips due to any reasons are advised not to participate in such rigorous travel programs. Reasons may includhe severe heart disease, chronic illness, physical handicap, advanced pregnancy or mental illness etc.
- It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependants and travelling companions for the duration of their tour to Africa. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Cheetah Wildness Specialists, including their representatives, employees and agents will take no responsibility for any costs, injuries incurred or suffered by the guest, or guest's dependants or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the eventualities mentioned above.
- Anti-malaria precautions should be taken, and these are the sole responsibility of the client. Any required immunizations must be recorded by the client's health practitioner on a valid vaccination certificate, which the client must carry in his/her possession throughout the tour. Cheetah Wildness Specialists will not assume responsibility for the accuracy of any medical information. You should consult your doctor or pharmacist for up to date requirements and personal recommendations. By forwarding the tour deposit or the booking form to Cheetah Wildness Specialists, the guest certifies that he/she does not knowingly have any physical or other conditions of disability that would create a risk for him/her or other tour participants.
- Reservations and payment instructions
- The person making any booking with Cheetah Wildness Specialists., warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking. In the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the reservation shall thereof assume personal liability for the total price of all bookings made by him/her.
- Upon confirmation of your tour with us, we require a 40% deposit on the tour price. The balance of the trip/safari price is due not later than 30 days before trip departure. The payment also confirms that you agree to our terms and conditions. Bookings made within 35 days before the date of arrival must be 100% fully paid at the time of confirmation. If payment is not received in accordance with the above, with Cheetah Wildness Specialists has the right to cancel the booking.
- Currency fluctuation
- In order to keep our tour rates as low as possible, we do not build into the price an allowance to cover potential increases from currency fluctuations. Therefore, as currencies do constantly fluctuate around the world, it may be necessary for us to raise the tour cost, at any time before final payment, if there are exceptional cost increases beyond our control. An increase in the tour price shall not be sufficient grounds for any refund of fees already paid for the tour.
- Airfares and delays
- Please note that Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd. cannot be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule. Cheetah Wildness Specialists is not responsible for any airline schedule or airfare changes, cancellations, overbooking or damage or loss of baggage and property. Any claims for any loss or injury suffered on any airline must be made directly with the airline involved and not with Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. These schedule changes are beyond the control of Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd., and the guest must bear any resulting additional costs.
- Changes of itinerary or accommodations
- While we will do our very best to provide the holiday arrangements that have been confirmed, but it should be noted that the Cheetah Wildness Specialists may be obliged to occasionally change routes and camps on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. These conditions may include; seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in-game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, or airline or other booking problems beyond control, etc. Cheetah Wildness Specialists shall not be held responsible for such itinerary changes as discussed above. Cheetah Wildness Specialists shall not be held responsible for a refund either in the whole or part if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, then there are no refunds due.
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists reserves the right to change or re-adjust the travel plan/itinerary, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before trip departure.
- Wild Animals
- Going on safari may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd cannot be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari. Most of the safari camps are not fenced, so the wildlife does move freely in and around the camps. Please always follow the safety instructions from the camp's staff with regards to moving to and from your tent, lodge or banda and while on game activities throughout your safari.
- Passports and Visa
- It is the guest's responsibility to ensure that their passports and visas are valid for the countries they plan to visit. Cheetah Wildness Specialists cannot be held liable for any visas or passports, which are invalid or not held by the guests, nor for the cost of any passports or visas.
- Please consult with us for the specific age policies at the camps on your itinerary. If anyone misrepresents their age, our partners reserve the right to terminate the tour without refund. Cheetah Wildness Specialists Cannot be held responsible for any refund in this situation. Cheetah Wildness Specialists will not discriminate against any individual because of race, religion, sex, sexual preference or nationality.
- Cancellation and refund
- Cancellations are only effective upon Cheetah Wildness Specialists receipt of written notification, signed by the client.
- The following cancellation fees will apply If cancellation is made;
- 89 - 60 days to trip date, a 30% cancellation fee is applied/charged.
- 59 - 31 days to trip date, a 40% cancellation fee is applied/charged
- 30 - 26 days to trip date, 70% cancellation fee is applied/charged
- 25 - 0 days to trip departure, no refund can be made. The payment will be forfeited as the funds will already have been used to make reservations for your trip.
- Gorilla permits are 100% Non-refundable as this is a direct policy from the Uganda Wildlife Authority / Rwanda Development Board (RDB).
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists shall not be held responsible for occurrences such as strikes, wars, acts of God, acts of government or any other cause whatsoever that may make the operation of the tour impossible, illegal or inadvisable.
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
- Cheetah Wildness Specialists shall try to ensure that the company exceeds your expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated so that we can keep improving the quality of the service.
- Complaints should be reported immediately to the Cheetah Wildness Specialists representative and to the supplier of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction, the complaint should be reported in written form and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified as per the above-described procedure cannot be accepted
- Change of Guide
- If a private guide is unable to lead a pre-scheduled safari due to illness, etc., Cheetah Wildness Specialists and its partners reserve the right to substitute them with another guide.
- Not included: (varies by itinerary)
- Insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical, baggage, money, and emergency evacuation; beverages in certain areas; personal laundry at certain camps; gratuities to guides, paddlers and camp staff; any excursion not related to the safari; optional activities, optional meals in towns and cities.
- Guest Representation and Consent
- The person making any booking with Cheetah Wildness Specialists and, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking. In the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability for the total price of all bookings made by him/her.
- The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions contained herein whether the guest has signed the booking form or not. The terms, under which you agree to take these tours, cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorized representative of Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd
- Trip members have certain responsibilities to Cheetah Wildness Specialists Ltd. and to other trip members: trip members are responsible for understanding the conditions implied in our Terms and Conditions and trip itinerary, and selecting a trip which is appropriate.
- It sometimes happens that an e-mail does not reach us, as it gets lost on the internet somewhere. If you do not receive a reply within two days, we advise you to resend your e-mail.
Arrival At Entebbe International Airport - Transfer To Hotel/Lodge
Overnight at: The Boma Guest House/Cassia Lodge/Karibu Guest House (B/-/-)
Day 2: To Murchison Falls National Park
The Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is located in Nakitoma Village and covers an area of about 70 km2 in the Nakasongola District, of the Kafu River Basin.
After the guided nature walk to track the white Rhinos, we'll have lunch at Kabalega Diner and thereafter, continue to your lodge situated in Murchison Falls National Park.
Dinner and overnight at Murchison River Lodge (cottages) / Kabalega Wilderness Lodge.
Day 3: Murchison Falls National Park
During the game drive, you will have the chance to see large herds of Cape buffalos, African elephants, warthogs, towering Rothschild giraffes, bushbucks, kobs, oribis, hartebeests, spotted hyenas and if lucky you might spot the leopard!
Also, your guide will keep an eye out for lions...
You will spend the morning discovering as much of the park before returning to your lodge to relax at lunchtime.
In the afternoon, we will take a boat cruise upstream to the bottom of the falls in the Nile.
En route, you will see at large schools of Hippopotamuses, large Nile Crocodiles, and numerous mammals quenching their thirst among lots of aquatic birds at the bank of the Nile.
We will stop a few metres from the falls before hiking to the top of the falls (Uhuru & Murchison) to get a better view of the mighty cascade.
This is the spot where the Nile squeezes through an 8 meters wide gorge and plunges with a thunderous roar into the “Devil’s Cauldron”, creating a trademark rainbow.
Thereafter, we will walk back to the parking area where your driver will be waiting for you and transfer us to the lodge for an overnight stay.
Dinner and overnight at Murchison River Lodge (cottages) / Kabalega Wilderness Lodge.
Day 4: Kibale Forest National Park
We will cross by ferry to the southern bank of the Nile and continue to our lodge through very beautiful villages and trading centres, cross tea plantations, gardens, farms, rivers and swamps filled with papyrus plants. We shall have several stopovers for take photos; interact with the local people and even for lunch.
Dinner and overnight at: Kibale Safari Lodge/Kibale Guest Cottage.
Day 5: Kibale Forest National Park to Queen Elizabeth National Park
There are thirteen species of chimpanzees that can be sought and we'll also encounter a good variety of diurnal monkeys, including L’Hoest’s, red colobus, blues, red-tailed and grey-cheeked mangabeys.
However, the stars of our trail are the chimpanzees.
You will return and have lunch.
Thereafter, we will drive to Queen Elizabeth NP where we will do an evening game drive.
Dinner and overnight at QE Park View Tourist Lodge/Twin Lakes Safari Lodge.
Day 6: Queen Elizabeth National Park (A Medley of Wonders)
With an amazing 5000 hippos, 2500 elephants, over 10,000 buffalos, ten species of primates (chimpanzees, Vervets and black-and-white colobus monkeys, baboons),over 600 bird species and the big Cats (lions, leopards, civets, genal and serval cats); this park guarantees to sight some of Africa’s most iconic species.
You will return to the lodge and rest until lunch time. In the afternoon, you go for a 2-3 hours boat trip on a 32-kilometre long natural channel, the Kazinga Channel; that connects Lake Gorge (to the east) with Lake Edward (to the west). This Channel is an oasis for many of the fascinating species that inhabit the park and a boat tour gives you a chance to cruise just meters from schools of hippos, herds of buffalos and elephants. The boat departs at around 2 pm.
Dinner and overnight at the Queen Elizabeth Park View Tourist Lodge/Twin Lakes Safari Lodge.
Day 7: Queen Elizabeth National Park - Ishasha Sector
We may also spot herds of Antelopes, Cape Buffalos, large African Elephants, Olive Baboons, Topis and lots of other bird species.
We will also explore the nearby Hippo pool and if conditions are favourable in the Albertine flat, we will also include another game drive.
Thereafter, we will then drive to the lodge for an overnight stay.
Dinner and overnight at: Enjojo Lodge (cottages)/Ishasha Jungle Lodge.
Day 8: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Fomr there we'll head to your lodge for the day, check in and have lunch.
In the afternoon, you are free to go for one of the optional activities below.
Dinner and overnight at: Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge (cottages)/Rushaga Gorilla Camp. Optional activities:
- Do a guided waterfall walk in Rushaga (Cost per person: US$30)
- Go for a guided batwa and natives community visit and walk (Cost per person: US$25)
- Go for a guided walk to the Batwa community and Garama caves located within Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (Where Gold Meets Silver) (Cost per person: US$80)
- Go for a guided gorge walk (Cost per person: US$30)
Day 9: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
We will receive a briefing on the behaviours of the mountain gorillas as well as the strict rules that you are supposed to obey.
Thereafter, you will be allocated to one of the habituated groups in the sector, which only welcomes 8 visitors a day. This is done to minimize the behavioural disturbance and the risk of exposure for Gorilla's to human-borne diseases.
We will hike into the forest and once we have located them, you'll have one hour to take photos before we walk back to the starting point.
Note: On this trek it is advised that you carry with you insect repellents, use trekking shoes, and carry a rain jacket as the weather is unpredictable, No camera flashes are allowed and each person must carry a minimum of 2 litres of mineral water for the walk.
Also, since we cannot tell where the mountain gorillas will be (!), you are also requested to take packed lunch in case the hike takes longer than planned. The hike can take from 2hr to 8hr in altitudes exceeding 7.600 feet.
Dinner and overnight at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge (cottages)/Rushaga Gorilla Camp.
Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi
You will then get an opportunity to visit the Batwa Community and enjoy their stories, music and dances.
Dinner and overnight at: L. Bunyonyi Arcadia Lodge/ Birdnest Eco Overseas (deluxe) (B/L/D)
Day 11: Lake Mburo National Park
Once there, we will relax for some time and at sundowner go for a game drive.
Dinner and overnight at: Rwaboko Rock Lodge/ Mburo Arcadia Lodge .
Day 12: Lake Mburo National Park
Walking is the best way of getting close to the animals without scaring them off.
Thereafter, you will return to the lodge for breakfast before we transfer you to your next accommodation to to Entebbe International Airport i you are departing Uganda!
Optional activity: You can do a 2 or 3 hours horseback ride within the park. (Cost per pax: US$110 for 2 hours; US$130 for 3 hours)
Cheetah Safaris Uganda
Cheetah Safaris Uganda Ltd (CSU) is a professional travel organization that specializes in trips to Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo on special request.
We offer both group and individual trips. We have been arranging customized group and individual trips to the best places East Africa has to offer. During the years, Cheetah Safaris has grown to become Uganda’s leading tour operator! We are able to customize your trip into every detail. It offers competitively priced trips with lots of comfort.
Sleeping arrangements, medium range accommodations (and in nearly every case you can upgrade to more luxurious accommodation).
We have English speaking driver guides, on special requests we have German speaking guides, Spanish, French and Italian.
Above all the company is run by Ugandan nationals who have been in the tour industry and guiding for 15 years.