Join Steve in a guided bushwalk designed for keen walkers to relax, refresh and connect with nature in walks that visit the Blackall Range, Conondale Range and Glasshouse Mountains on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Walk along cool trails under sub-tropical rainforest canopy and open giant Eucalypt forests, home of the koala and some of the 304 species of birds found in the region.
Steve will safely take you on a sensory experience in a natural world of sights, sounds and smells.
Walking slowly and quietly gives the best opportunity to observe wildlife in their natural habitat. Walk along trails that have been used for thousands of years by the Aboriginal people, the first bushwalkers. Some of the walks are in areas that are culturally significant and must be respected.
- Lush subtropical rainforest
- Fragrant eucalypt forest
- Breath-taking scenery
- Ancient volcanic peaks
- Professional interpretation of the flora, fauna and history of the region
- Safely walk off the beaten track to discover little beauties in Nature
- Stunning waterfalls (seasonal)
- Easy pace
- Moderate terrain
- Reasonable fitness recommended
- Delicious, locally sourced morning tea and trail snacks; packed lunch/full day
- Small, personalised groups - min 1 max 6
- Daily departures
- Complimentary transfers from Noosa Accommodation from 7 am
- Guests in accommodations in other areas: Meet at Noosa Junction Bus Station, Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Free parking in the carpark at rear. Pick up time: at 6:45 am.
Destinations may include:
- Mapleton Falls National Park
- Mapleton National Park
- Conondale National Park
- Noosa National Park
- Glasshouse Mountains
- Tewantin National Park
Private group tours available on request. Adults: 12 y/o+; Child: 6 - 11 y/o Minimum guest: 1 Maximum guests: 6
Charters are available for larger groups. The walk will be structured accordingly.
Tropical TreksUnplug and Reconnect With Nature. with Tropical Treks Guided Bushwalks and Birdwatch.
Escape to fresh Noosa country air, towering forests, refreshing Sunshine Coast Hinterland streams and waterfalls and mountain summits for views of Australia's Nature Coast as far as the eyes can see.
We are specialists in small group, personalised guided bushwalking, birdwatching and wildlife experiences.
We are dedicated to the preservation of the Wilderness and passionate about Australia. Steve Grainger provides interpretive sensory adventures in some of the most beautiful forests and parks that are off the beaten track.
You will discover wildlife, endemic plants & animals, the little beauties in nature so often overlooked.
Notice your senses fine-tuning to the scintillating calls of the Bell Miner, the scent of a Eucalypt forest, the texture of the earth underfoot or a rough Bunya pine tree, see a shy red-legged pademelon under a rainforest canopy or a water dragon scurrying to a creek.