Madiba&Nature is a nonprofit organisation using environmental education to change people’s attitudes and bad habits about plastic waste and raise environmental awareness.
- Visit fishing communities on the beautiful Kribi coast while supporting the research and development of local sustainable fishing initiatives.
- Enjoy fresh grilled seafood on the beach and taste local specialties.
- Travel by traditional pirogue to waterfalls and pristine beaches.
- Tour Participants 1 to 15
- Difficulty Medium (2-5 miles/ 3-8 km walking distance, some physical effort)
Tour Start Address:
Kribi City, Southern Region, Kribi, Cameroon
More About Madiba&Nature.
- To conserve nature and promote a circular economy and zero-waste lifestyle.
- Research and development on recycling plastic waste
- Promoting ecotourism
- Environmental education and training in social entrepreneurialism
Day 1: Kribi Ecowalk
With a local guide, travel by pirogue - or motorized pirogue for the more adventures - towards the fishing camps at the mouths of the Lokoundje and Nyong Rivers. Discover the pristine beaches, fishing arts, and incredible biodiversity of coastal and marine ecosystems.
For dinner, enjoy a variety of fresh and smoked fish, shrimp, oysters, and other seafood grilled on the beach. Taste delicious local specialties like mabangs (dried, spicy fish), local sauces like Ebandjéa (fish cooked with lemon and chilli), and traditional Londji broth (seasonal seafood broth).
Day 2: Ebodje Sea Turtle Village
Before saying goodbye, enjoy a tasting of fresh juices and coconut fruit, and later a snack of shrimp on the beach. Visit the port and take a ride in a traditional pirogue to see two beautiful waterfalls before ending your excursion.
Madiba & Nature
DIY (Do It Yourself) made in Africa-Cameroon