When in Los Cabos, don’t pass up the chance to pick up surfing tips from national champions of the sport. After hotel or cruise-port pickup in Los Cabos, travel by air-conditioned minivan to Costa Azul.
Know the safety briefing from your instructor
Upon arrival at the beach, meet your instructors for your safety briefing and instruction. Slip-on your rash guard or wetsuit, and practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your longboard. Listen to the rules of surfing etiquette, designed to keep everyone in the water safe, and learn how to wipe out harmlessly, which may come in quite handy.
Off into the waters you go! Fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board; then paddle out from the beach with your heart racing and eyes peeled out for your first wave. Shout out ‘Akaw!’, Old-School surf slang, when sighting your ideal wave.
Feel confident with the support of an instructor with you in the water; if you need it, you’ll be given a little push from the back of your board to help you catch as many waves as possible.
Relax and enjoy! Everything is tailored based on your skill level
This lesson is tailored to your skill level; if you are a beginner, your instructor ensures you don’t go near the bigger waves. If you are at a more advanced level, your instructor guides you on how to read waves, turn, and ride the larger ones. Take a break onshore to rehydrate and refuel with granola bars, before going back out into the water.
If you’ve selected the full-day option, board your minivan and head to a local restaurant for a hearty and delicious lunch of rice, beans, fish tacos, avocado sauce, and soft drinks before transport back to your hotel or the cruise terminal.
Summer is one of the best times of the year to catch waves in Cabo. It’s just a short drive to the popular surf resort town of Costa Azul, located at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula. Select a morning or afternoon departure.
Do you want to see more experiences like this? Check out what other experiences High Tide Sea Expeditions offers!
Professional instructor,Surf board,Rash guard or wetsuit,Beach umbrellas,Bottled water and granola bars,Hotel/port pickup and drop-off,Transport by air-conditioned minivan
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 day(s) or less before event
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Please bring a towel, sandals, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Note: If you'd like to take someone with you who would not be participating in the surf lesson, additional rates apply. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking to pay for this directly before or on the day of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
8.30 am Pick up at the Hotel
8.40 – 9.00 am transfer to Costa Azul beach
9.00 – 9.15 am briefing and instruccions by the guides
9.15 – 10.45 am surfing lessons
10.45 -11.30 am break time
11.30 - 12.00 am transfer back to the hotel
High Tide Sea ExpeditionsHigh Tide Sea Expeditions is the best Mexican Company in the adventure travel and ecotourism industry. We offer group tours, corporate tours, business meetings, motivational programs and family, couples and solo vacations.
We offer a wide range of activity options with flexible scheduling and relevant experience based on top-quality event planning service. All our tours are provided within the context of Mexico’s rich history, unparalleled ecosystems, and the region’s almost perfect warm climate.
Social Focus High Tide Sea Expeditions adds to the successful Natural Resources Conservation Program and Regional Economic Development Model that clients directly support through their participation and enjoyment of their experiences with us.