Mayan Villages & Culture – Punta Laguna Nature Reserve
- 8:30 am aprox: Pick up at your hotel
- Drive to the start of the bike tour about 1 hour from Tulum among the Mayan communities
- Start the bike tour on quiet roads and then forest trails
- Visit a Mayan Family in their rural home: food gardens, sustainable living, lookout tower, beekeeping, building & farming techniques
- Organic homemade Lunch in the Mayan family’s home – traditional Maya food
- Ride your bikes to the Punta Laguna Reserve
- Cool off at Cenote Esmeralda
- Swim, canoe and zipline
- Walk through the jungle trails looking for wild monkeys & other wildlife
- 5.30 pm aprox: Drop off at your hotel.
The distance covered is approximately 15km (9 miles) with plenty of stops.
Suitable for any adult comfortable on a bike and teenagers over 12.
For bookings that include children under 12 (min 8 years old), we can organize a private tour at extra cost (excluding groups of 6 people or more when the tour will be at normal price).
Included in Tour:
- Quality mountain bikes and helmets
- Professional Guide
- Contribution towards the Mayan family we visit
- Lunch in the Mayan family’s home
- Entrance fees to the reserve and all of its proposed activities (swim, canoe, zipline, hiking, observation of wild monkeys)
- Water and snacks
- Transportation in air-conditioned van or car from and to your hotel within the immediate Tulum area (extra fee applies for hotels outside of Tulum)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Closed shoes, comfortable light clothes, sunglasses, your swimsuit and towels, and a change of clothes if you wish. Please only use biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellant to protect the ecosystems you will be visiting. In the absence of biodegradable products consider using clothes to protect yourself from the sun.
Mexico Kan Tours
About Mexico Kan ToursMexico Kan Tours is an agency that proposes a complete range of tours and excursions, as well as nature, culture and sports activities throughout Mexico. Thanks to its services, the agency is committed to promote mutually enriching cultural exchanges that increase understanding, protection and respect of Mexican heritage.
Mexico Kan Tours puts great emphasis on cooperation with local tour operators who are conscious about the necessity to protect the environment and to preserve their own culture.
Eco-tourism in Mexico is just in the beginning stages, but there already is increased awareness of the impact that mass tourism exerts on archaeological sites, indigenous communities and the environment. Keeping in mind the influence of tourism on Mexican culture, we have chosen to create tours that enable and promote the rise of sustainable, responsible tourism.