NALESUTALE VILLAGE – at the foot of the Sleeping Giant mountains in Nadi, just 20 minutes drive from Nadi Airport. Nalesutale was the first village settlement in this region. It is the home of the first cannibal ancestors of this tribe and the first to convert to Christianity. The ancestors’ homes were located all along the mountain terrain and after they converted to Christianity, they resettled in one location, at the foot of this mountain. The village name of Nalesutale means “welcome back”.
Today, only approximately 100 villagers remain at Nalesutale after most of the people relocated to higher ground after severe flooding of the area in 1972. They continue to live the lifestyle of a farming community to make a living, visiting Nadi markets to sell vegetable & fruit products on a daily basis.
Community Projects Participation:
- Kids Play Center
- Upgrading of Lodge
- Training Youth & Community for basic trade skills (like carpentry and agriculture/farming), tour guiding, food and beverage skills, customer service.
SAFE LANDING/NAISISILI VILLAGE – located in the Nacula basin in the Yasawas which is known to be the place where the early Fijian arrivals made their home. Thus the name, Safelanding (Cava-Cola). Has two sides to the beachfront for safe anchorage. Directly opposite this resort is an old village site which will be created as a Tour site and where restoration of the old village site is being planned. Naisisili village is the largest village in the Nacula group which houses close to 800 people and a primary school for the community in the area. Safelanding is the only resort that runs on Solar Power and can accommodate 100 tourists at 100% occupancy. Activities available are turtle feeding/tagging, cave tour, island hopping, snorkelling, village visit, participation in restoration to the old village site.
Community Projects Participation:
- Old village site restoration
- Training of Youth & Community
- Construction of seawall to prevent erosion.
- Road and boat transfers
- All meals
- Guide and also all government taxes.
DepartureNacula Island, Fiji
- Day 01: Transfer by road to Nalesutale Village from Nadi (30mins)
- Day 01/03: 2 nights in tent accommodation just outside of the village – Nalesutale Village
- Day 03: Transfer by road to Port Denarau then ferry to Nacula Island in the Yasawa Group
- 3 nights in bure accommodation at Safe Landing Resort and Farewell Dinner at Safe Landing Resort on the last night at the resort
- Day 06: Ferry transfer back to Port Denarau and bus to Nadi Hotel
- 1 night in a Nadi Hotel – Smugglers Cove Resort (farewell event with dinner)
- Day 07: Transfer to Nadi Airport to connect departing flight.
Eco Tours FijiFiji Eco Tours is a 100% Fiji owned business established in the jet set town of Nadi. Now located at Lot 13 ATS Subdivision, Votualevu.
Our primary objective is to provide our customers with the best Fijian eco experience available. As such, we offer our services seven days a week and cater for a wide variety of eco activities. Our highly dedicated and professionally trained staff span a wide variety of cultures.
This is one of the unique features that makes Fiji a tropical paradise and a true Pacific treasure trove. A majority of our staff comprise the villagers of the various sites that we visit It is their choice to display the beauty of their homelands to visitors from both foreign and local origin.
The staff of Fiji Eco Tours truly cherish the “Bula!” spirit which defines Fiji. The “Bula!” spirit is reflected in the smiling faces, friendly and harmonious voices that can be seen and heard in Fiji. It is what establishes Fiji as being the way the world should be.
So be sure to carry your “Bula!” spirit at all times and greet everyone you meet with a beaming BULA!!!