Rosanna will share images from the past, explain the local history of the area and give you great insights into how people have lived over time.
Her personal connection with so many of the events and people is evident as she shares with you stories of Ardyaloon, Djarindjin and Kooljaman local history.
Rosanna currently serves as the chairperson of Kooljaman and the talk lasts for 1 hour.
DepartureKooljaman campsite, Dampier Peninsula, Western Australia
Kooljaman ToursKooljaman is best described as a unique off-the-grid wilderness camp located on Native Title land sustained by solar power and local bore water.
Our low-impact accommodation has been specifically designed to capture the rugged character and beauty of Bardi Jawi country and reflects the Aboriginal values of caring for land and country.
Surrounded by a diversity of natural wonders, the amazing wildlife, vast array of marine life and the stunning coastline make this a truly unique place to experience.
The two surrounding Aboriginal Communities of Djarindjin and Ardyaloon (One Arm Point) jointly own Kooljaman, making it proudly 100% Indigenous Owned.
The Communities have developed the camp in line with the community’s aspirations and their inherent knowledge of the land.
Kooljaman at Cape Leveque has been established for 20 years and has won numerous state and national tourism awards in categories for Indigenous Tourism, Eco-Tourism, Unique Accommodation and Cultural Tourism.
- Reception open from 8 am – 5 pm from April to October and 8 am - 4 pm from November to March.
- Visa, Mastercard and EFTPOS welcome.
- No Wi-Fi available.
- ATM facility available during reception hours.
- Telstra payphone - phonecard required. Please note: Kooljaman does not sell phone cards.
- Fuel available from nearby communities.
- Guest laundry facilities.
- Board games available.
- Used book exchange.
- Tour desk for local tour bookings & enquiries.
- Beach equipment available to hire, including; snorkels, beach towels, and umbrellas.
- We do not have alcohol for sale, however, you are welcome to bring your own.
We have a small store with limited essential groceries, ice and bait available for purchase.