Situated on the banks of the Temburong River, Sumbiling Eco Village is an eco-lodge that offers amazing nature-based activities including the famous trend, “glamping”.
Home to the Iban Community, our aim is to achieve sustainability by preserving and maintaining the environment and utilizing existing resources. We also want to promote the harmonious and rich culture of the indigenous tribes of Borneo.
Prepare to be enticed with their nature induced simple way of life, mysticism beliefs, culture and unique laws. The Sumbiling Eco Village practices responsible tourism, hence making it Brunei’s first eco-tourism destination.
The area is an epitome of nature’s playground. Temburong district is separated from the rest of Brunei by Malaysia. The Ulu Temburong National Park is regarded as one of the best-preserved rainforest areas in Borneo. Our SEV packages include fun-filled trekking activities and nature excursions to the renowned park. Here you can find various rare species of Flora and Faunas.
This humbling experience perfectly fits the busy and fast-paced travel itineraries, giving you time to breathe and unwind. Your trip begins with a 45-minute speedboat ride to Temburong. You will be picked up by your guide in a vehicle where your journey to SEV begins. Once you arrive SEV, have some time to rest and change to your trekking/waterproof attires. The Temuai, a traditional boat will take you to Ulu National Park through the meandering rivers.
After you register, you will start your jungle trekking activity towards the canopy walk. Be prepared to meet exotic animals such as the Borneon Gibbon, squirrels, bushy crusted Hornbills, Wagler’s pit viper, rhinoceros hornbill and swiftlets are notable in the park.
Also, friendly residents are four hundred species of butterfly, some quite rare. Enjoy the postcard-perfect exhilarating view as you stand 50 meters above ground and immerse yourself in the tranquil view of mountains of neighbouring countries. On your way back, the Temuai will stop by one of the many waterfalls this area has to offer and treat yourself to a natural fish spa.
After returning, freshen up and get down to a hearty lunch, possibly with a treat in the form of wild vegetables foraged from nearby! Some relax and photo time or rest on the hammock beside the river, and then time to pack up and say goodbye. Depart for Bangar, returning to BSB by speedboat*, with fond memories of your rainforest holiday, made possible by Sumbiling Eco Village!
Highlights: Sumbiling Eco Village / Ulu Temburong National Park / Canopy Walk / Nature Fish Spa / Waterfall
DepartureBSB Jetty, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
- Return speedboat fare BSB - Bangar
- Return transfer Bangar - Sumbiling Eco Village
- Return long boat ride to National Park
- English-speaking guide in Temburong
- Ulu Temburong National Park entrance fee
- Visit to Canopy Walkway,
- Visit to waterfall and nature fish spa
- Morning light refreshments, lunch, free flow of tea at Sumbiling Eco Village
- Personal Toiletries
- Tips for guides and staff
- Bamboo chicken at lunch for groups of <20 pax (USD$22 per tube)
- Water tubing activities (USD$10 per person)
- Additional requests for products, services or amenities not expressly mentioned above. Special request may be fulfilled at additional cost.
DISCLAIMER: Timing subject to boat schedules and other factors. At times you might need to wait more than one hour.
Terms & Conditions
Package provision subject to guest's acceptance of the following:
- Provision of the package is on a seat-in-coach basis. Cost based on. Minimum 2 pax going. Extra charges will be levied for personal tours.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest's own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Guests are expected to show respect for the natural environment by refraining from destruction or removal of flora, fauna or other components unless otherwise permitted, and with the knowledge of the guides in attendance. Guests are also expected to strictly adhere to safety regulations and directions from the guides at all times during the duration of the tour.
- As an outdoor trip, itinerary and times indicated are subject to change without notice, as trips may be affected by rain, heat, high or low water levels in the river, and guests' fitness levels which might affect the speed of mobility.
- Meals are prepared with local style and consist of chicken, fish & assorted vegetables, unless otherwise pre-requested and agreed upon between operator and guest. Guests observing a vegetarian regime, or other dietary preferences are to make their preferences known at the time of booking in order for suitable meals to be prepared, to the best effort of the operator.
- Meet at BSB Jetty, Bandar Seri Begawan; Speedboat ride to Bangar town, Temburong.
- Welcomed by the local guide at the Bangar jetty for overland transfer to Sumbiling Eco Village.
- Light refreshments served once arrive at Sumbiling Eco Village.
- Depart by motorised Temuai to National Park.
- Once you arrive at National Park and register at Park HQ and begin trekking uphill to the Canopy Walkway.
- Depart National Park and visit a waterfall and natural fish spa.
- Back to Eco Village. Freshen up, lunch, relax & photo time.
- Overland transfer to Bangar; Speedboat ride to Bandar Seri Begawan.
- Arrive at Bandar Seri Begawan. End of tour.
Borneo GuideBornei Guide are a service provider specialising in travels and tours in and around the island of Borneo. We cater to a wide range of discerning travel needs, from the independent traveller to corporate trips, that suits every budget.
One of our earliest ventures was a rainforest ecotourism development called Sumbiling Eco Village. It was founded as joint-venture between local Iban villagers of Sumbiling Lama in Brunei’s Temburong District.
We provide economic welfare as well as an avenue for them to cultivate a sense of pride and purpose in their tribal heritage which had a strong grounding in natural sustainability and vast knowledge of herbal and natural applications of various plants of the rainforest.
Today, the venture is our flagship operation, and has welcomed many satisfied visitors who have returned home with a greater understanding of natural environment and creatures, and of course memories of a lifetime!
We also take pride in hosting visitors who have specific travel themes or purposes, such as Australian visitors on their Brunei leg of a Borneo WW2 remembrance tour, media crew and travel writers, volunteer travellers and more. Due to a strong passion for travel and their heritage past and present, our guides and staff are well-equipped and always eager to share tales, knowledge and experiences with visitors who come on this great journey.
From diving in beautiful waters teeming with spectacular marine life, to trekking into the depths of the lush tropical rainforest, to unearthing the hidden secrets of past civilisations, we aim to provide nothing short a perfect travel experience for you to cherish for years to come!