Steve has designed this experience for the avid and curious birdwatcher, wildlife and flora enthusiast and nature photographer. It is flexible and designed to share knowledge about Noosa.
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve is a unique area where tropical and temperate zones overlap, provides varied ecosystems including Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalypt forests and Rainforests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Migratory wader species. Typically 50 species and more can be located in one day. This region of Australia’s Nature Coast provides a diverse and ancient landscape rich in plant and animal species, culturally and historically significant to the Aboriginal people.
Wildlife & Birdwatching tours include some short walks and can be conducted at a pace to suit your interest and concentrate on locating as many species as possible across various habitats.
- Scarlet Honey-eater
- Eastern Osprey
- Variegated fairy-wren
- Pale-headed Rosella
- Eastern Whipbird
- Little Wattlebird
- Royal Spoonbill
- Short, tranquil, easy walks
- Ample opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat
- Professional interpretation of the flora, fauna and history of the region
- Enjoy your tour, leave the worry of navigation to your guide.
- 6 – 8 locations with a short easy walk
- Easy pace
- Delicious, locally sourced morning tea
- Small, personalised groups - min 1 max 6
- Daily departures
- Departs at 7 am
- Returns at 1 pm
- Complimentary transfers from Noosa Accommodation from 7 am
- Guests in accommodations in other areas: Meet at Noosa Junction Bus Station, Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Free parking in the carpark at rear. Pick up time: at 6:45 am.
Adults: 12 y/o+; Child: 6 - 11 y/o Maximum guests: 6. Charters are available for large groups. The outing will be structured accordingly.
Tropical TreksUnplug and Reconnect With Nature. with Tropical Treks Guided Bushwalks and Birdwatch.
Escape to fresh Noosa country air, towering forests, refreshing Sunshine Coast Hinterland streams and waterfalls and mountain summits for views of Australia's Nature Coast as far as the eyes can see.
We are specialists in small group, personalised guided bushwalking, birdwatching and wildlife experiences.
We are dedicated to the preservation of the Wilderness and passionate about Australia. Steve Grainger provides interpretive sensory adventures in some of the most beautiful forests and parks that are off the beaten track.
You will discover wildlife, endemic plants & animals, the little beauties in nature so often overlooked.
Notice your senses fine-tuning to the scintillating calls of the Bell Miner, the scent of a Eucalypt forest, the texture of the earth underfoot or a rough Bunya pine tree, see a shy red-legged pademelon under a rainforest canopy or a water dragon scurrying to a creek.